Radio Spot: Fireworks
Many of us think sparklers are okay for kids – but did you know they can burn hotter than 1800 degrees??? Little ones should never handle them and older children should be carefully supervised. The National Council on Fireworks Safety offers these common sense safety tips:
- Always remain standing while using sparklers.
- Never hold a child in your arms while using sparklers.
- Sparkler wires and sticks remain hot long after the flame has gone out. Be sure to drop spent sparklers in a bucket of water.
- Make sure your summer celebrations are as safe as they are fun.